Research Paper Reflection

Throughout the process of articulating my research paper, I came across a few things I did not know prior to writing this paper. I do know a lot about this topic from my own knowledge and experience; however, I did learn a couple new things. The topic I discussed was teen weightlifting, or teen bodybuilding. Why is it beneficial? When should you start lifting weights? How do you start? These are all frequent questions that are asked within this topic and are asnwered in my research paper.

Not only do I support weightlifting for teens around the age of thirteen, but I also support overall fitness and health altogether. My goal was to send a message to high school freshman about the benefits of weightlifting while giving them an overview of what do to, how to do it, and persuading as many kids as possible to get into fitness. It is very important at that age to start fitness and weightlifting because it will reflect on your health later in life.

Weightlifting has changed my life. I started as a high school freshman and fell in love with it. That is why I am so passionate about it and want as many kids as possible to get into it.

The main argument that revolves around this topic is how young is too young? People say you shouln’t lift until your fourteen, fifteen, etc. The main age people throw out there is thirteen, the median age of high school freshman, and also the intended audience of my paper. My message to them is to start now, don’t wait. There is no appropriate age to start lifting, just do it!

I think this is very benefical information to get out because more kids need to get into it. Fitness, weightlifting, and even bodybuilding can be so benefical especially if you start young. It helps your health entirely and will reflect on your health later in life. My message throughout the paper is important and so is the message I’m stating right now.

Weightlifting and fitness changed my life and overall saved my life. It helps you deal with stress, depression, or any hardships you are facing and that’s a huge reason as to why I love fitness. Because fitness saved me and it can save and help everyone too if they gave it a chance.

Freshman Year
Now